BASS FACE 'BLACK' SPL6C.1 2-way Component Set 6.5" (16.5cm)
BASS FACE 'BLACK' series speakers are bursting with audiophile build specs. Large KSV voice coils and oversize magnets increases magnetic force. Cast Aluminium baskets with extensive cooling for the voice coil provides a significant reduction in power compression, this means they play louder for longer with more power. Power compression is often overlooked at the price of significantly reduced output when running at high power, due to increased resistance from head build up in the motor assembly. This also affords the BLACK series speakers a much more open and natural sound.
The suspension has been made as light weight as possible to still retain ample cone control. This gives the midrange units high sensitivity enabling them to be high effective across a broad spectrum of power amplifiers.
The tweeters use Neodymium magnets and ferrofluid cooling. This gives them a slimmer profile without loss of control. The domes are 100% pure silk with translucent finish, which we think looks splendid!
These are designed from the bottom up to impress even the most discerning ear. We are confident that these will surpass your expectations for even high end audio products.
The BLACKSPL5C.1 and BLACKSPL6C.1 both have higher power handling to their Coaxial counterparts. With more advanced crossover networks allowing for different tweeter positions with a tweeter dip switch. Giving you -3db 0db and +3db notches. BASS FACE also revised the components so only the best quality components make up the crossover, affording them more power handling an better frequency control.
- Midbass - 150W RMS Per Midbass
- Tweeter - 75W RMS Per Tweeter
- System - 450W RMS Per Pair
- Cast Aluminium Basket Reduces Mechanical Distortion
- Oversize 1.5” Voice Coil For High Power Handling
- High Power Crossover With Hi-Freq Attenuation Switch
- Extra Voice Coil Cooling Vents Decrease Power Compression
- Woven Black Fibre Cone Provides Superior Dynamics
- Large Single Roll Non Fatiguing Rubber Surround
- Rigid Large Dustcap Increases Cone Stiffness
- Large Clear Silk Dome Tweeter
- High Magnetic Flux Motor Design
- Sibilance Minimising Tweeter Protection
- Engineered For SQ OEM Location Install Use
- Highly Accurate Response Characteristics
What's in the box?...
- 2 x BLACKSPL6C.1 Midbass Speakers
- 2 x BLACK Tweeter Units Including Housing
- 2 x Crossover
- 2 x 1m Cable for Midbass
- 2 x 2m Cable
- 8 x Self Tapping Screws
- 8 x Speed Spire Nuts
- Grill Glue
- Overall Pack Weight: 4500g
- Product Weight: 4000g
- Overall Diameter Grills: 180mm
- Overall Diameter Without: 165mm
- Overall Height: 100mm
- Installation Cutout Diameter: 145mm
- Mounting Hole Circle Diameter: 155mm
- Mounting Depth: 72mm
- Magnet Diameter: 105mm
- Front Protrusion from Mounting Plane: 9mm
- Front Protrusion from Mounting Plane + Grill: 30mm
- Overall Diameter: 55mm
- Overall Height: 30mm
- Cutout: 50mm
- Mounting Depth: 16mm
- Front Protrusion: 11mm / 16mm
The Black wire is the negative on the tweeter, however it is worth noting that for this component kits it doesn’t actually matter is the tweeters are wired in backwards or not as long as all the tweeters in the system are wired the same. This is because our component kit crossover kits filter out the high frequencies from the mid-range driver leaving nothing for the tweeters to be out of phase with.