EXCURSION SX6C + dB 2-way Double Bass Component Set 6.5" (16.5cm)
EXCURSION's SX range can be used as a high efficiency OEM upgrade or custom door builds.
Packed with technology this maybe EXCURSION's budget range, however the results are far from budget.
- Pure Silk Dome 25mm Tweeters
- Maximum Flexibility using the 'Bi-Wiring'; which features tripple 6dB inline 'Plug & Play' X-Overs with MKP 'High-Grade Capacitors'
- 2-Layer Paper ADC cone (Active Damping Coating)
- LXPD Dustcap (Linear X-Point Phase Plug Design)
- Double-Pressed, UV Treated Foam Surrounds
- EFF Motor Structure (Efficient Flux Field)
- Rubber-Protected Motor System
- Vented Pole-Piece to lower the FS
- Extra Cooling upgrade as standard
- Rigid 'Tooled and Stiffened' Excursion design Steel Basket with 'Computer Synchronized Cooling Vents'
- Type: 2-Way Double Bass Component
- Woofer Diameter: 6.5" / 16.5cm
- Frequency Response: 45 Hz – 20 kHz
- Cutout Diameter: -
- Mounting Depth: 57mm
- Motor Diameter: -
- Magnet/Motor Structure Weight: 10 Oz
- Diaphragm Material: -
- Impedance: 2 Ohms
- Power Handling (RMS/Peak): 150/300
- Sensitivity: 93 dB
- Voice Coil Diameter: -
Each Box Contains:
- 4 x Midrange
- 2 x Tweeters
- Various Installation Hardware.
Blows away the stock speakers in my MK4 Golf!
Posted by Unknown on 26th Jun 2017
I purchased this set of speakers for my VW golf so that I could upgrade the stock tweeters and speakers in the front as well as put some in the back doors.
The packaging: Both speaker sets were well packaged and came with good documentation explaining how everything went together.
The Installation: The most difficult part was using the long screws to attach the speakers to speaker adapters that I needed for them to fit in my car. I suspect this wouldn't be an issue if you didn't have to use adapters, but I found that the screw heads were very easy to strip so I had to be careful. In the end I actually pre-screwed each hole in the adapters so that they would go in easier and with less chance of stripping the heads. Other than that, everything went fine.
The results: Really blew away the stock speaker setup, not only are they better sounding but they actually pump out an impressive amount of bass. For an upgrade over a stock set I would recommend them